Until further notice, North Suburban Legal Aid Clinic (the Clinic) will not hold in-person intakes/consultations with clients in the office—unless the situation requires it. Any in-person meetings will be held on a case-by-case basis and will be pre-approved/arranged.
- Visiting the Clinic in-person – visitors/clients coming to the office will be asked to provide vaccination proof before the visit if possible. People are considered fully vaccinated when they meet the following conditions: they are 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines), or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
- Walk-ins will be asked to show their vaccination card at the entrance to the office.
- In cases when clients/visitors cannot validate their vaccination status, temperature will be taken at the entrance and wearing masks will be required.
- NSLAC will keep a log of those entering the office for contact tracing purposes. The list will remain confidential and will not be shared.
- To ensure staff safety, clients/visitors will be allowed to enter only one part of the office designated for meetings with clients/outside guests. Guests will not be allowed to move beyond the designated meetings area into the staff office area.
- Executive Director will have discretion to make exceptions to this policy, based on the circumstances.