Individuals and families should be secure in their home. Housing has become an increasingly sensitive and highly charged issue for renters, owners, and landlords trying to figure out how to make ends meet during the Stay at Home order and into the future.
A group of generous local donors have come together to create the Housing Legal Defense Fund. With $10,000 seed money, the goal is to raise $50,000 to ensure accessible, pro-bono housing legal services will be available for those who need to fight an eviction, receive help with issues related to substandard housing, or settle a landlord-tenant issue.
Every dollar donated to the Housing Legal Defense Fund will be used to provide free legal services to our neighbors in need of free legal services for housing and shelter issues.
Here are some of the ways we take action:
- An individual or family will be connected with accessible, professional, pro-bono legal representation so that they may stay safe during this crisis and beyond.
- We help fight evictions.
- Provide assistance navigating publicly subsidized housing.
- Ensure residents do not endure substandard housing.
- Respond to the influx of landlord-tenant rights issues and future foreclosure and eviction prevention educational efforts.
- Assist with homeownership, including homeowner association issues.
- Fight housing discrimination.
- Represent clients facing predatory mortgage lending practices.
By joining these fund leaders as a donor to the Housing Legal Defense Fund, you will be helping our neighbors live productive and secure lives and the Clinic will be one step close to hiring a full-time Director of Housing Law Practice.
[sp_testimonial id="7972" ]